Thursday, August 4, 2011

Now is the time to Bargain Shop!

Now is the time to spice up your garden with new color. Many plants are going on sale in order to make room for Christmas and other holiday items. It’s an especially good time to plant foundation shrubs and trees because of these sales.
I bought some Lantana in pink and planted it near my orange Lantana. This is a perennial and will only get bigger and bigger every year. Butterflies love it too!

photo credit: CK Worley

Gerbera or Gerber Daisies for Robert’s surprise garden! He’s in Texas right now and will be pleased to see a daisy garden growing by the front door.

photo credit: CK Worley

Wine and Roses Weigela starts with dark green leaves which turn to almost black. Hummingbirds love the rose colored tubular flowers. They are perennials and hardy to zone 4. I think I may get more since they were only $4 a piece (normally $16).

photo credit: CK Worley

Calamondin Orange tree. The fruit is used for marmalades and fruit drinks. If I get any eatable fruit I will let you know. The leaves smell amazing. And I got it for less than half price. Remember to always use Soil Moist in all your potted plants. It will keep plants hydrated even when you occasionally forget to water them. My new orange tree looks happy sitting next to my lemon tree. :)

photo credit: CK Worley

Gazania has daisy-like flowers and is a perennial. This one has now been added to my butterfly garden. It didn’t take long to attract some attention! I think this may be a Buckeye Butterfly.

photo credit: CK Worley

I got a whole tray of Yellow and Orange Mums for $3! My best buy! See the butterfly in the shot....and Kaylee the dogs nose!

So now is the time to bargain shop and to-

Grow It First!

No comments:

Post a Comment