Saturday, June 1, 2013

See what's blooming now- Apple tree, Gardenias, Quince Tree

I just wanted to show you what is blooming in the yard this week. First our quince tree which is deciduous. You can see from the flowers that it belongs to the rose family. I love the bright orange color. It’s a beautiful tree.



Next our gardenias are in bloom. The fragrance is lovely. We have gardenia bushes and some that look like trees that are 6 feet tall. They are evergreens.



We had a great time at the Atlanta Food and Wine festival with friends Doug and Cate. Cate writes the very popular blog Tailgating Guru (ttp://tailgatingguru.blogspot.com)
Thursday nights activities were held at JCT Kitchen and the theme was tailgate style. We got to sample lots of good food and even tasted Moonshine. Not too bad.



Outside in the bar area they had lovely apple trees that where strictly pruned to look like this. I thought they were pretty cool.





At the bottom of this apple tree sat a tiny little birds egg. The train was going by and the breeze was perfect and we had the best company. It was a great night for us but the festival will carry on without us through the rest of the weekend.





One last thing. My husband gave me this gardening apron for Mothers day so I thought I’d show it off. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment