Monday, August 12, 2013

My 100th Post! - Banana Whip, Freezing juice, MDJ article on my Blog




My friend Kelly made this awesome cilantro rice the other day and the recipe called for the rind of 4 limes. She gave me the limes and said, “I don’t know what to do with these.” So I went to the store and picked up this cool ice cube mold. I squeezed the limes and put the juice into the molds and froze them. Now anytime Kelly needs the juice of a lime she can take one or two of these out of the freezer and WELLA! Remember, if the rind of any citrus is in tact you can just throw the whole thing into the freezer and pull it out when you need it. Once it’s thawed the juice will just pour out of them.



So, I just found out that dairy doesn’t like me very much so I can’t have ice-cream anymore. Kelly (from my lime story) told me to put some sliced banana onto a cookie sheet and freeze it. Then put those frozen slices into a food processor. She told me that it tastes just like ice-cream and is nice and creamy. So, you know me - I had to find out for myself. Kelly was right! This stuff is cool and velvety and is a very good alternative to ice-cream. Thanks my friend!



Here I am in my office talking with Jeff the photographer from the local paper. He is a very nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. We are discussing which projects to shoot. They are doing an article on my blog!




Here is the link to the article in the paper.
http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/23421697/article-Marietta-woman-s-blog-shows-it-s--not-too-hard--to-grow-own-food-at-home?instance=home_lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment