Friday, August 23, 2013

An In-between Post - Peeling Garlic, Clathrus Columnatus Stinkhorn mushroom, Grassless lawn.

I just discovered a great way to peel a garlic clove via a Martha Stewart video.
Take 2 bowls that are equal or similar size. The bowls I used are slightly different sizes but
one fits into the other so there isn't any mess or stuff flying around. Don't use glass!



Take the garlic, place it in the bowl and cover it with the other bowl. You'll need to shake the whole thing vigorously making sure that you are holding the two bowls together tightly. You will get a work out and it is loud. The dogs did not like the sound at all. What happens is the garlic will get beat out of it's skin. Once you take all the skin out of the bowl you'll have a whole peeled garlic ready to use. I think that's pretty cool.





The other day I found this mushroom growing in some pine bark in the front garden. It's a Clathrus Columnatus Stinkhorn. Usually found in the Gulf Coast. It’s slimy and looks like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. It’s usually found on rotting wood but I found one in my bird bath once. Don’t ask me how!



I turned it over and immediately knew why it's called a Stinkhorn! This sucker will assult your nose like nothing else will. Pué!



And here is a lawn I found on a walk the other day. For all those people who don't like to mow! I'll get right back to inexpensive Christmas gifts now. Thanks for indulging me!

No comments:

Post a Comment