Saturday, September 17, 2011

Favorite Gardening Tools

Here are some of my favorite gardening tools. First is potting soil. Love the organic potting soil from Espoma. Not only is it great stuff but it has a zip lock bag so you can store it without fear of spilling and it keeps creepy crawlies out. Plus it is enhanced with Mycorrhizae which is a water saving formula. This is extremely important during the dry season.

photo credit: CK Worley

I also like their Gro-Tone. It’s Espoma’s organic liquid plant food. Really easy to use and the plants like it a lot. Espoma has some really cute and informative short videos on planting. You should check out their web site and take a quick look.

photo credit: CK Worley

My next favorite is the Soil Moist mats. I used these when I pot plants. Especially great for hanging baskets. As you know from my past blogs, Soil Moist acts as a water reservoir for your plants. This is especially important during a drought. It will store over 200 times its weight in water and releases it slowly to the plant when it needs it.

photo credit: CK Worley

Soil Moist spikes are great for potted plants. It has all the benefits of Soil Moist crystals and it continuously feeds the plant as well. These are good if you already have potted plants that just need an extra pick me up.

photo credit: CK Worley

Now, here is the thing. If you are one of the first three people to tell me where I first mentioned Holly Tone in my blog you will win a free sample of Holly Tone! You have to be one of the first three.

photo credit: CK Worley

So go out and plant and have some fun right now. You will be rewarded in the spring!

6 comments: