Saturday, November 5, 2011

How to make a Halloween Pumpkin into a Merry Old Elf!


So what do you do when you have pumpkins sitting around after Halloween? You stack them and make them into a pumpkin man! I first painted the pumpkins with Krylon Dual paint and primer in one. I used one can for these three pumpkins. Make sure they are dry and clean before you paint.


Next, I took my apple corer and made one whole in the bottom pumpkin (no need to make one on the very bottom) and two holes top and bottom on the other two pumpkins.
This allowed me to thread the dowel through all the pumpkins. I did this so they wouldn’t fall over.


I painted the face with a Deco color black paint pen. Be careful not to scratch the white paint off. Next, I cut a hole in the top pumpkin for the carrot nose.


I pinned on a old hat that my son wore during a spring play at his school when he was in 5th grade, added some stick arms and a ribbon with wire in it. I cut little notches in the end of the scarf and bent it a little for movement sake. I had some green acrylic paint in a tube that I used to make the buttons and add color to his eyes. And there you have it. A pumpkin for all seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment