Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gazpacho Gift

After watching Carla Hall from "The Chew" present dips (Hummus, Blue Cheese and Goat Cheese dip) with crudités in clean clay pots (just like they were growing out of the containers) it gave me a great idea for the perfect gift.

I love gazpacho and I know many other people do too. What if I filled a pot with some of the major ingredients that you’ll need to make a fresh gazpacho and include the recipe! I found the most awesome pot to put all these yummy fresh plants into and I included my own gazpacho recipe. This will make the perfect birthday gift or housewarming or anniversary present!


Container gardening needs a great soil, (I like Espoma Organic Potting Mix) and moister pellets for when you can’t water. Containers get dryer faster so it’s important to make sure you have something like Soil Moist to insure that they don’t dry out and hurt the plant. Plus a good fertilizer- everyone knows how much I like Espoma Gro-tone™. It’s a fish based product that works like a charm. Just follow the label directions.


I’m planting a tomato, pepper, cucumber and parsley plant. I will include a recipe for my favorite gazpacho soup. Tie a ribbon around the whole thing and you’ve got the perfect summer time gift.


Gazpacho:
Two seeded tomatoes, cucumber and pepper chopped
Chopped celery, carrot, onion and bunch of parsley
2 chopped garlic cloves and a bunch of arugula chopped.
1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
Splash of olive oil and worcestershire sauce.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 cups tomato juice
Combine the ingredients together - cover and refrigerate
*You can use any color pepper you’d like
*You don’t have to seed the tomato if you don’t want to
*Use scallions, red onion or sweet onions
*Use balsamic, red or white wine vinegar
*Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight
*If you don’t like an ingredient - don’t use it

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds amazing! I love gazpacho too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's so good and this is one dish that is good for you.

      Delete