Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Odds and Ends Again- Tomatoes on the vine, Yummy Oatmeal, Garden Lettuce




Ever wonder why you can buy tomatoes with the vine attached? I’ve heard that the vine keeps them firm and fresh. Remove the vine and the tomato stops ripening. Ever heard of that? At three times the price...Are they really worth it?







Next time you make oatmeal try using apple juice instead of water. YUM! I mix mine with flax and chia seeds and some dried cranberries. If you make it with water as I did here, you can add some guava syrup if you'd like.









Here are some herb markers my daughter gave me for my birthday. So pretty - Can’t wait to use them next year.







Just went out into the garden and picked some fresh lettuce. It’s washed and all ready to eat. Bibb, Endive and Red Leaf.







The broccoli is almost ready to harvest.








Everything else will have to wait a few more weeks.



That’s a wrap~

2 comments:

  1. We love to make oatmeal with milk and lots of dried fruits. Trader Joe's has a great selection of dried fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out Trader Joe's selection. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete