Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine's Day- Candy Hearts, Chalk Paint on cups, Homemade Cards and How to make a pretty vase


St. Valentine was ordered to prison for teaching Christianity and (since solders were not allowed to marry their sweethearts) performing marriage ceremonies for them against Roman rule. Once in prison it’s said that he healed the jailers daughter and before he was executed wrote a note to her which said, “From your Valentine” and that’s how this holiday got started - or so I've heard.


So Happy Almost Valentine’s DAY! Just a few fun things you can do to make your Valentines happy and easy. I started out by going to the dollar store and collecting different size glass containers to see what would inspire me.


Valentine's Day is for the most part a flower and candy day. I decided to mix them up. Just by placing a smaller vase into a larger one it gave me enough room to add some candy hearts around the perimeter.






Once that was done I added the water to the center (be careful not to splash onto the candy) and added the roses. Pretty.




Next I had two short round vases with one being slightly larger than the other and decided to fill the bottom with candy hearts and the top with M&M’s. Tape the two vases together and add a ribbon. Perfect teachers gift!




They can then use the containers for whatever they want.  I used these to store Q-tips and cotton balls.




How about this one. I got these cups at the dollar store and taped them off with that painters blue tape. One I taped just the top and bottom. The other I taped all but the front panels. Next I sprayed them both with chalk paint.



Use a stick of chalk to write whatever you feel. When you’re kids or your husband wakes up in the morning they can have a special note from you on their cups. You can use them every morning as little chalk board reminders of your love. (Birthdays, Anniversaries or simple calendar).




Lastly is a home made Valentine’s card. I did this on a plan index card but you can use colored cardboard as well. Mix up a tiny bit of confectionary sugar and water into a paste and this will act as a glue for your heart message. Place it in a clear sandwich bag and you’re off to the races. This one says: "Hey Babe - Whuz up? - Cutie Pie. You are awesome - sweet - my BFF. You have a real nice laugh. Ask me 4 one kiss. I hope u say yes. Call me - Love Gabe".


Valentine’s Day is a holiday of the heart so no matter what you do or don’t do just remember that it’s a lovely tradition to have one day to express your love. It’s a healthy habit to wake up every morning wondering what you can do to make your someone special feel like everyday is Valentine’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment