Saturday, April 13, 2013

Just another Saturday- Marietta Farmers Market, Boxing Azaleas, Separating Hostas

We had a busy Saturday. First I took the dogs for a walk to the square. The farmers market is still there as in the You Tube video I did a couple of years ago.



Now across the street they have an artist market! Even more reason to visit!




On the way home we saw some azaleas at the Marlow House that had been trimmed into hedges. Now that they have bloomed they look so cool I had to take a photo.



So here is what we tackled today. I wanted to put separators between the Mondo grass and our lawn. In order to do that you have to dig down in between the two so the Mondo root won’t creep into the lawn.



We dug up the Dwarf Japanese maple tree and built up the base then planted it right back where it was. I wanted it to be higher so it could be seen over the other plants on the ground.



Next it was on to separating the Hostas. The ideal time to do this is before they leaf out.
I wanted to plant this Red Astilbe. I have Red, White, Pink and Purple planted in the bed out in the front yard and since this guy isn’t doing much in this little planter I decided it was time for a move to the front.



We also planted a red encore azalea, two Blue Mirror Delphinium and some more Bugleweed.
Now for an Epsom Salt bath, Deep Blue for my muscle pain (settersrun360@gmail.com for more information) and a glass of wine. Have a happy weekend!
P.S. My husband just tried Deep Blue on his lower back and had wonderful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment