Friday, July 5, 2013

First week of July 2013- Boiling eggs, Keeping bananas fresh, Orchid, Pot Minder, Watermelon Carving

Just wanted to share just a few really cool things I got for my birthday last month.


First is the beautiful orchid I got from my daughter. So pretty. I don’t know much about orchids other than they want to be left alone. The less attention you give them the better.


I also got this wonderful little tablet called The Pot Minder from my sister and it does what it says it will do. It says to put it in the water when cooking potatoes or pasta but I used it for boiling eggs and it worked! Can’t have a 4th of July party without deviled eggs! I put cream cheese, mayo and mustard in mine.


I had a little fun with the watermelon carving I did for the 4th of July. Since our house is named Setters Run I decided to carve the Decoverly Kennel logo into the fruit bowl. I think it looks cute!










How do I keep your bananas from turning brown too fast. Cover the tops with either plastic wrap or foil. Storing tomatoes is a bit of a science. If you want them to ripen you store them with the stems up. If they are perfect the way they are you should store them with the stems down. They will keep longer that way.





Last on todays list of show and tell are my apple trees! Can’t wait to bite into the first one! These were too high on the tree for my dogs to jump up and eat them. They love munching on green apples! One day there will be plenty of apples for man and beast but for now~ We will have to settle for the left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment