Monday, October 13, 2014

Gardening Tools

I wanted to do a fun blog on garden tools. I was interested to know what my gardening friends had in their tool apron or bucket.

The first one that both Davis and Martina told me about is the Kombi garden tool.

http://www.kombigardentool.com/index.html

photo credit: Kombi.com

It’s called the shovel with attitude. It says on the web site that the Kombi aggressively slices weeds off below ground with less effort. It looks pretty mean!
I guess I’ll have to get one!

My friend Katie told me that she couldn’t do without her garden kneeling pad. Now there are all kinds of kneeling pads. You have the ones you can carry around with you, the ones that have handles and pockets and even pads that strap onto your knees so you don’t have to carry them around.
photo credit. Sears.com

I like the plan old foam pads you can carry around. You can get one for less than $10. I did have a good laugh when I went to the Sears web page and they offered a JMK foam knee pad for $141.02! I’m not sure what else it does!

http://www.sears.com/home-outdoor-jmk-04150-large-foam-knee-pad/p-SPM10508696819?redirectType=SRDT

One of my husbands favorite gardening tools isn’t a hand held one. We have ten 100 year old oak trees so we have lots of fall leaves. He likes the Little Wonder debris vacuum.

http://littlewonder.com/lw-vac.asp

photo credit: LittleWonder.com

This thing sucks up the leaves and then mulches them. There is a bag the size of a trash can on the back that collects the leaves and lifts off for easy dumping into your compost pile.  It saves time and back breaking work.

As for me, I go through a lot of gardening gloves. I have more gloves with holes in them than not. I have found that Digger Gardening Gloves by Womanswork hold up the best.
They are more expensive than many of the other gloves but you won’t have to replace them as often.

photo credit: Womanswork.com

http://womanswork.com/catalog/womens-gloves/digger-gardening-gloves

So there is my short list. I’m sure there are plenty more wonderful products out there. If you have one you particularly like, please let me know about it.

Remember that after all the leaves have fallen to wash your tools and gloves so they will be ready and waiting for you come spring.

 "What did the carrot say to the wheat?  Lettuce rest, I'm feeling beet."
-  Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment