Saturday, June 23, 2012

Deco Beads

I wanted to talk a little about Deco Beads. They are made by the same folks who produce Soil Moist. Now if you’ve kept up with my blogs you know how important Soil Moist is to anything that I grow, especially since we have bouts of drought here in the South. Soil Moist saves a lot of my outdoor plants.



Deco Beads are another way to water but this time with cut flowers. They start out as little crystals but as water is added they expand into marble shaped storage vessels that will keep your flowers watered and fashionable!
First I went to the Dollar Store to purchase a clear vase. Then I decided which colors to add. From soft pastel colors like Baby Blue to the strong vibrant colors like Current Red; there are 24 custom colors for that special occasion. Since the 4th of July is fast approaching I decided on red, white and blue. They Cost less than 3 dollars a pack and can be left to de-hydrate to use again.





They come in beads, balls, cubes and even scented beads. Non-toxic, environmentally safe - Deco Beads are ideal for centerpieces, silk and fresh cut flowers, candles and more.
They suggest that you place a small amount of plastic wrap between each color which I didn’t do but now I know why. First, it would make it easier to separate the colors after use and second the white beads picked up a little of the red bead color so now instead of white beads I have pink ones. Lesson learned.




Go to their web site and see all the wonderful ways people have used Deco Beads. It will inspire you. http://www.soilmoist.com/products/decobeads.php

No comments:

Post a Comment