Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bulb Planting Time!

Yesterday I planted some bulbs in front of the house. First I had to move the liriope or monkey grass to another location. No need to plant it right away because it will take a lot of abuse and grow just fine. So I just placed it in the back to plant later.

photo credit: CK Worley

After that, I had to rake and make sure all the liriope roots were taken up and rocks and lumps of soil had been removed or broken up. I decided to plant a combination of white tulips and blue muscari. So, I dug a trench long and wide enough to accommodate all of my bulbs and laid them out to insure an even coverage.

photo credit: CK Worley

I covered the area with soil and pine straw and watered. Now all I’ll have to so is wait until spring to see the results. I hope it’s as pretty as I imagine! The next set of bulbs that I plant will be on the other side of this garden near the house. I haven’t gotten them in the mail yet but I think they will come next week. They are blue allium and they will grow about 3 feet in height. As a matter of fact, I saw some on the show Modern Family in front of the Dunphy’s house. That’s was pretty cool. Next week ~ more bulbs and my winter vegetable garden! Onward gardeners!

photo credit: CK Worley

This photo March 16, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment